Plan a great fall PUMPKIN PARTY!
The pumpkins are the star of the show, so plan something simple like Sloppy Joes with Pumpkin Bars (check out recipe here).
- Pick up pumpkins (9-10 in. high for safe candle burning) for carving or painting. Avoid broken stems or bruises, as they can cause faster spoilage.
- Collect supplies: Permanent markers, tempera paints, small paint brushes, carving tools, stickers, sponges, votives with candles
- Prepare make-ahead foods
- Draw out or print out pumpkin-carving templates from internet Halloween sites
- Set up a carving table covered with layers of newspaper, taped down.
- Fill a few containers with water and set out for painters.
- Cut out tops for smaller children. Have children scoop out the pumpkin seeds and design pumpkin as wished.
Put votive light into pumpkin. Put lid on pumpkin and light candle. If it goes out, cut some wider cuts in pumpkin for better air flow.